Yesterday I did a segment on CT Style News Channel 8 WTNH, presenting Blue Crane Music’s Guide to CT Music Festivals. The segment featured photos from 2015 festivals, including:
- Kate Callahan at Connecticut Farm and Folk Festival, which is being held for its second year on June 4, 2016 in Glastonbury
- Goodnight Blue Moon at Podunk Bluegrass Festival for the inaugural acoustic & americana second stage, which is returning again at the August 11-14, 2016 festival in Hebron
- The Michael Cleary Band at Middletown Music Festival, which is celebrating its 5th year this August 6 & 7, 2016
We also shared a calendar for upcoming April and May 2016 festivals. The full season’s schedule is pictured above. I tried to capture all the large music festivals as well as a few unique festivals that include music by CT artists. Coming up soon we’ve got –
- Elm City Folk Festival, New Haven, April 16-17, which will have two clients of Blue Crane Music performing – Bill Benson and Podunk Throwbacks
- Meriden Daffodil Festival – an annual favorite, 3 stages of music, April 30 & May 1
- Locapalooza in Shelton on May 7
- Northeast Fire & Arts Festival May 13-15 in Oxford, which is all about fire arts like fire spinning and swallowing but also has 2 days with rock and hardcore music, which is a great addition for CT
But there are TONS MORE local festivals in towns all over the state. I’ll be at Simsbury Flea & Smorgasbord on April 30 helping out with the band lineup of Carrie Johnson Band, HannaH’s Field and Balkun Brothers. Drop by and say hello.
Which festivals are your favorites? Did I miss any? Leave a comment!